MUMBAI – Toyota Motor Corp.’s Indian strategy has been under wraps for some time, but details slowly are emerging and one of them is confirmation that a new global small car could be produced here first. Toyota Chairman Fujio Cho, who visited New Delhi last week as a member of a business delegation led by Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, says the auto maker currently is developing a low-cost small car for the emerging BRIC markets: Brazil, Russia, India and China; and possibly for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"India May Be First With Toyota Small Car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.