MUMBAI – India’s vehicle sales increased 11% vs. year-ago to 102,439 units in May, while exports fell 4% for the month. General Motors India Ltd. saw sales jump 64% over prior-year to 2,503 vehicles, while Honda Siel Cars India Ltd.'s deliveries grew 38% to 3,514. Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. and Tata Motors Ltd. both were able to register growth despite supply problems. Mahindra sold 8,462 units for a 43% surge, while Tata saw a 7% rise to 15,201 vehicles vs. year-ago. GM India is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"India May Sales Climb, Exports Fall" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.