MUMBAI – Sales of India’s passenger vehicles, including exports, jumped 21.3% in September, compared with year-ago, to 250,528 units. Robust consumer demand has been ongoing despite three vehicle price hikes this year. Auto makers are boosting production and dealers are building large inventories for the next four months of festival season. Pawan Goenka, president of the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers, says deliveries in the fiscal first half, April through September, grew ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"India Passenger-Vehicle Sales Jump 21.3% in September" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.