MUMBAI – India's new-car market (including utility vehicle sales) slumped in November. Heavy demand for the Swift premium hatchback and a doubling of exports helped Maruti Udyog Ltd. during the month, and three new models propelled Skoda Auto India Ltd. to a gain, but most other auto makers posted declines. Sales totaled 100,824, down 14% from October and off slightly from year-ago. The performance was on par with the worst months of the current fiscal year. The versatile Octavia ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"India Posts Weak Sales in November" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.