MUMBAI â€“ Indiaâ€™s light-vehicle sales rose to the occasion during Octoberâ€™s festival season, setting a record monthly high of 260,985 units, for a 36.5% gain on year-ago, according to Wardâ€™s data. Fiscal-year deliveries through the first seven months soared 38.1% to 1.66 million units, the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers reports. The industryâ€™s fast-paced tempo is being set by major auto makers that until now have been marginal players here or are relative newcomers to the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Indiaâ€™s October Light-Vehicle Sales Soar; Ford Sees Second Best-Ever Result" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.