MUMBAI – A market rebound appears to be taking hold here, with August sales of cars and utility vehicles combining for a 22.4% gain on year-ago. However, what’s most important isn’t the size of the increase but its breadth, as 12 of the 15 local auto makers posted positive results. Market gains realized in June and July occurred in isolated pockets and benefitted fewer manufacturers, and the industry sees the August tally as the first solid sign that a more widespread recovery is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Indian Auto Makers Find August Sales, Export Results Encouraging" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.