MUMBAI — Key domestic auto makers here enjoyed better-than-expected, double-digit income gains in the fiscal first quarter ended June 30, with increases ranging from 22% to 40%. It was more of a mixed bag for suppliers, however, with profits rising as much as 30% and plunging nearly 20% for some. Overall, though, parts makers remain on a fast track here. Scorpio sales drove Mahindra profits. Maruti Udyog Ltd., Tata Motors Ltd. and Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., India’s leading car ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Indian Auto Makers Post Strong Q1 Results" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.