MUMBAI – Facing market resistance, plus the rising price of oil, steel and raw-materials, India’s auto makers have started to reengineer vehicle designs, along with other cost-cutting innovations. Maruti Suzuki India Ltd., which already builds the country’s lightest vehicles, is looking to make them “lighter, faster and better,” following Suzuki Motor Cop. Chairman Osamu Suzuki’s goals. Maruti Managing Director Shinzo Nakanishi has started a drive to reduce the weight of each component ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Indian Auto Makers, Suppliers Rethink Vehicle Design as Market Shifts to Lighter Cars" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.