MUMBAI – Although the Indian car market saw relatively slow growth of 6% last year, the commercial vehicle market shot up 27%, light commercial vehicles 32% and motorcycles by a whopping 45%. AB Volvo, so far, is only truck maker to venture into India's commercial market. It comes as no surprise, therefore, that auto makers now are trying to diversify, making forays into the fast-growing commercial vehicle segment. India’s Tata Engineering already was a truck and bus maker ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Indian Car Makers Look to Ride Buoyant Commercial Vehicles" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.