MUMBAI – India’s automotive component makers are steering their way up the value chain in order to remain competitive for the challenges that lay ahead. According to estimates, India’s auto industry by 2020 will reach total annual production of 42 million passenger and commercial vehicles, as well as bikes, scooters and public transport. Annual sales by components makers total Rs1.2 trillion ($26 billion), and suppliers are drawing up plans to increase their turnover more than fourfold ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Indian Components Suppliers Improving Competitiveness to Meet Expected Growth" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.