MUMBAI – India’s passenger-vehicle sales, including exports, continued May’s pace, rising 11.8% in June to 153,633 passenger cars and utility vehicles, compared with year-ago. Among the segments, midsize sedan sales climbed 25% to 24,787, compact cars rose 10% to 87,493 and utilities increased 2.8% to 30,327 in the period. Despite June’s double-digit growth, the upswing trailed seven years of a 21% annual rise in the period. Maruti Suzuki India Ltd., Hyundai Motor India Ltd. and Tata ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Indian Light-Vehicle Sales See Double-Digit Growth in June" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.