MUMBAI – India’s auto makers sold 123,684 cars and utility vehicles in December, a 23% increase over year-ago, delivering more than 1.5 million passenger vehicles for entire 2006, 17.7% ahead of 2005. Auto makers initially expected the month to be lean, but sales incentives and the possibility of a price hike in January made December one of the market’s best-selling months. With this last-minute performance, the auto industry marked a third successive 23% compound annual growth rate ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Indian Sales Soar in December, See Double Digit Gain for 2006" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.