Indian auto makers delivered 126,700 cars and utility vehicles in May, including both domestic sales and exports, for a 23.6% increase over like-2005. Ford India Ltd. led the pack with 5,339 units, a 119% surge over year-ago. Strong sales of the Octavia helped Skoda Auto India Ltd.'s sales swell 46% to 1,053 units. General Motors India Ltd.'s Chevrolet Tavera multipurpose vehicle and Aveo midsize sedan helped it increase sales 40% to 3,508 units. However, Toyota Kirloskar Motor Ltd. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"India's Auto Makers See Accelerated Sales in May" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.