MUMBAI – The Tata Indica car will sell as the Rover Indica in Europe next year. The alliance follows a long period of negotiations between India's Tata Engineering and Locomotive Co. Ltd. and the U.K.’s MG Rover Ltd (see related story: Tata Indica Seeks Global Partner). Tata Indica Under the agreement, Tata in late 2003 will begin exporting 12,000 completely knocked-down Indica units (except the engine) annually to Rover. Rover will assemble the car in Poland and add a 1.4L ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Indica in Europe to get Rover Powertrain" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.