Chrysler Group is flicking the switch on an indicator light to denote activation of its fuel-saving multi-displacement system, known as MDS, Ward’s learns. When MDS deactivates redundant cylinders on Chrysler’s powerful Hemi V-8 engine, the words “Fuel Saver Mode” will appear on the instrument panel. The feature appears first on three ’07-model LX-platform products: the Chrysler 300C, Dodge Magnum and Dodge Charger. The auto maker currently is shipping cars with this capability. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Indicator to Shine Spotlight on Hemi MDS" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.