Thai conglomerate Charoen Pokphand Group is preparing to import the Chinese budget brand Chery car – assembled by Chery Automobile Co. Ltd. in Indonesia – for sale in Thailand. CP Group Vice Chairman Thanakorn Seriburi is quoted in local media reports as saying the compact cars will be available by year’s end and will be sold for 320,000-400,000 baht ($9,904-$12,380) for models with 1.1L engines. Thanakorn says the cars will qualify for preferential taxes as low as 5% under the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Indonesian-Built Chery Cars Headed for Thailand" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.