Production planners at most of North America’s light-vehicle manufacturers apparently have concluded a nascent auto sales recovery is taking root and are boosting February and March output plans accordingly. Led primarily by gains at Nissan North America Inc. (47,000 units), New United Motor Mfg. Inc. (29,900), Ford Motor Co. (19,800) and BMW Mfg. Co. (10,100), the industry’s first-quarter slate of 2,984,400 stands 58,100 units, or 2%, higher than a month ago and more than 72% better than ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Industry Boosts Q1 Output Slate 2%" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.