The hiring of an experienced executive with a solid reputation in China buys Chrysler LLC some insurance for its pending B-car program, a leading auto analyst says. Chryslerâ€™s move to lure Phil Murtaugh, executive vice president of China-based Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. and former chief of General Motors Corp.â€™s China operations, gives the auto maker more leverage in its partnership with Chery Automobile Co. Ltd.. Under an agreement finalized earlier this summer, Chery will supply ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Industry Expects Murtaugh to Safeguard Chryslerâ€™s Chery-Built B-car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.