BEIJING — The new millennium is bringing to China both good and bad news wrapped in one package: probable entry into the World Trade Organization. Membership will come as welcome news for strong companies and a death knell for the weak. In both cases, China's overall economy should prosper. The automotive industry in general right now, however, would be satisfied to see a better sales year than last. Virtually all automakers and industry analysts feel 1999 sales reports will come in flat ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Industry rolls into millennium" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.