TROY, MI – Don’t look for a production version of Infiniti’s Essence supercar concept in dealer showrooms anytime soon, says a company official here. The Essence, a 600-hp rear-wheel-drive, 2-seat concept with a hybrid-electric system mated to parent Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.’s 3.7L VQ V-6, can’t be justified for production due to the weak economy, says John Weiner, director-product planning for Nissan North America’s Infiniti arm. “In this market environment, this type of car is very ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Infiniti: Economy Needs to Improve for Essence to See Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.