NOVI, MI ‚Äď Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.‚Äôs upcoming hybrid-electric system will be ‚Äúcost efficient,‚ÄĚ even though it will make its debut on Infiniti luxury models, a top executive tells Ward‚Äôs. Carlos Tavares, executive vice president-product planning, does not divulge the premium a hybrid powertrain will add to the cost of an Infiniti model in the U.S., saying only that the auto maker has ‚Äúan idea.‚ÄĚ However, he does admit cost, long seen as a deterrent to wider acceptance of HEVs by consumers, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Infiniti Hybrid System ‚ÄėCost-Efficient, Less-Complex‚Äô" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.