PARIS – Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.'s Infiniti brand will face stiff competition when the luxury marque goes on sale in Western Europe in 2008. Infiniti will go up against established players in the luxury-vehicle market, such as DaimlerChrysler AG's Mercedes, BMW AG and Audi AG, which combined sold 1.9 million units in the region last year. Meanwhile, Toyota Motor Corp.'s Lexus luxury brand sold 22,000 vehicles in Western Europe in 2005, about the same as in each of the previous four years. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Infiniti Late to Party in Western Europe" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.