MARSEILLE, France – Future Infiniti models will be designed with a concern for passing European crash tests, the first concrete step toward introducing the brand in Western Europe. However, a big obstacle remains: Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. has not yet figured out how to distribute the cars profitably. "You can't go to (Nissan and Renault SA CEO) Carlos Ghosn and tell him that in 10 years we will be profitable," says Pierre Loing, the head of product planning and strategy for Nissan Europe. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Infiniti Moves Closer to Launch in Western Europe" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.