SAN DIEGO, CA – Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.’s Infiniti brand is expecting the new ’11 M56 sedan to garner 15% of total M sales, due to the improved power and efficiency of its 5.6L V-8 and the addition of optional all-wheel drive. Because few competitors in the M’s segment offer a V-8 and AWD, “that’s probably an opportunity,” Ben Poore, vice president-Infiniti Americas says during a recent M media event here. The Audi A6, Mercedes-Benz E-Class and Cadillac STS all offer V-8 engines and AWD. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Infiniti Predicts Higher V-8 Share for New M" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.