SCOTTSDALE, AZ – "Build it and they will come." No, we're not talking about a mystical baseball field in a remote Iowa cornfield, but racecars and dealerships – specifically, those owned by Roger Penske. For the businessman extraordinaire, it's simple logic. Build the best racecars and you'll attract the best drivers. The strategy is working. The Penske racing team has won 13 Indianapolis 500 races, including the last three. And Penske is using the same strategy for his collection of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"The Influence of Affluence" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.