THE PRICE OF PALLADIUM, one of the most widely used vehicle catalyst materials, has been driven to more than $800 per ounce, highlighting the long standing need for alternatives (see WEVTU — Nov 15, '99, p.7). Among the options is the ongoing development of non-PGM (platinum group metal) systems. WEVTU learns that one possibility is zeolite, used in conjunction with corona discharge technology to optimize zeolite effectiveness some believe is in the 50-70% range. But zeolite's effective ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"INPUT" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.