There is increasing urgency to rumors that General Motors Corp. is prepared to ink an engine-making deal with Honda Motor Co. Ltd. Honda proportedly will supply 4-cyl. gasoline engines for certain GM-made small cars and that Honda will purchase diesel engines made in the Isuzu Motor Co. Ltd plant in Tychy, Poland (see WEVTU — Oct. 1, '99, p1); GM owns 49% of Isuzu. Some reports suggest that GM may buy Honda's upcoming low-emissions 4-cyl. engines beginning in 2002, for fitment in GM small ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"INPUT" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.