FORD MOTOR CO. agrees to buy Edinburgh, Scotland-based automotive repair chain Kwik-Fit Holdings Plc, for which Ford reportedly will pay $1.63 billion in cash. Kwik-Fit currently owns and operates 1,900 stores throughout Europe. Analysts believe Kwik-Fit will provide Ford with an expanded outlet for its Visteon-made parts. And as the majority of Kwik-Fit's sales are made on post-warranty repairs, Ford hopes Kwik-Fit will recoup business that tends to sidestep its dealer network. GENERAL ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"INPUT" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.