FORD MOTOR CO. is testing propane-powered Excursion sport/utility vehicles (SUVs). Twenty companies nationwide will test the SUV for a year of fleet use. Ford built the 24 liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) Excursions, equipped with the Triton 6.8L SOHC V-10, to test emission-control technology and determine if there is market demand for such an SUV. Equipped with two fuel tanks with a total capacity of nearly 40 gallons (182L), the LPG-powered Excursion has a range of about 250 miles (402 km), ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"INPUT" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.