GENERAL MOTORS CORP., in conjunction with showing its new Precept hybrid prototype, announces that it will cease production of the EV1 electric vehicle (EV). With the continuing focus on hybrid development — combined with slow progress for advanced battery technology — driving range-limited pure EVs currently do not enjoy a promising future. GM says its Saturn division will maintain a parts and service presence to support EV1 owners, but decided to “pull the plug” on the vehicle in which GM ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"INPUT" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.