DAIMLERCHRYSLER Corp. (DCC) engineers are preparing a “high output” version of the Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7L SOHC V-8. The engine currently develops 245 hp, and sources say engineers are looking for at least a 40 hp increase over that figure. One DCC source says the power increase will come largely from an increased compression ratio and other modifications, not a displacement increase. The enhanced 4.7L V-8 will fill the “performance” void in the Grand Cherokee lineup (and likely for other ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"INPUT" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.