Phase-down is underway for production of General Motors Corp.'s “Gen I” 5L and 5.7L Vortec OHV V-8s for GMT400 trucks at its St. Catherines, Ont., production site, idling about 300 employees. Timing for the Gen I to be entirely phased out at St. Catherines will depend on demand. The plant will continue to build Gen III 4.8L and 5.3L Vortec V-8s for the new GMT800 trucks, and also do machining for Gen III 5.7L Corvette (aluminum-block) V-8s. The first General Motors Corp. vehicle to use a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"INPUT" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.