FUJI HEAVY INDUSTRIES Ltd.'s Subaru unit says it will build a new “crossover” pickup/passenger car at its assembly plant in Lafayette, IN, beginning in late 2002. The vehicle likely will resemble the ST-X concept shown at this year's Los Angeles auto show and will be based on the all-wheel drive Legacy platform. Subaru also will spend approximately $67 million to add 4-cyl. engine production at the Lafayette site. A Subaru source says the new crossover vehicle likely will employ all-wheel ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"INPUT" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642