THE PRESIDENT of the newly formed Mercedes-AMG GmbH says that the company plans to heavily promote high-performance versions of Mercedes cars modified by AMG. Mercedes-AMG is a newly formed joint company in which Mercedes owns 51% of formerly independent AMG; Mercedes will fully own AMG by 2007. AMG centers its modifications around larger-displacement, high-horsepower conversions of standard Mercedes engines, including a 7.3L version of the Mercedes 6L V-12 that produces 525 hp and 553 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"INPUT" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.