PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE AL GORE has moved medium- and heavy duty truck fuel economy into his campaign strategy by proposing to increase spending on related research by $47 million to $142 million in the fiscal year starting this Oct. 1. The goal is demonstration prototype heavy pickups and medium duty trucks with tripled fuel economy — and Class 8 trucks with doubled fuel economy within 10 years. FORD MOTOR CO.'S got a genuine phenom on its hands with the new Explorer Sport Trac (see WEVTU ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"INPUT" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.