TOKYO — Toyota Motor Corp. announces a top-management realignment that names Fujio Cho, 62, to succeed Hiroshi Okuda as company president. Okuda, 67, becomes chairman. Cho's promotion presents no surprise, having been the subject of speculation for months (see WAI — Feb. '99, p.16). Okuda also will become chairman of the Japan Federation of Employers Assn., in mid-May. Industry speculators have suggested Okuda was being pushed from office due to his aggressive management style. But a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Insiders expect change in Toyota chiefs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.