TROY, MI – International Truck and Engine Corp. will produce in 2005 a V-6 diesel engine derived from the successful Power Stroke V-8 diesel it currently builds for Ford Motor Co. International will produce a 4.5L V-6 derived from the 6L Power Stroke diesel it builds for Ford. The V-6 was at the center of a recent dispute between International and Ford regarding the investment cost of International’s plant in Huntsville, AL, which will build the new V-6. (See related story: ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"International-Ford V-6 Diesel not Dead" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.