PARIS - Col. Harland Sanders was 65 when he started franchising his Kentucky Fried Chicken carryout restaurants, helping set the standards for the fast food business in the U.S. Pierre Lepelletier was 69 when he signed the first contract licensing his design for a 6-speed automatic transmission that is revolutionizing the market. Pierre Lepelletier The automotive industry had only started to move from 4-speed to 5-speed automatics when his design for a 6-speed arrived, making ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Inventor of 6-Speed Automatic Finally Has His Day" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.