PARIS – Iran, under threat of an international boycott over its nuclear policies, is pushing its auto industry to internationalize quickly. However, a decision on April 18 to halt Renault SA’s joint venture to build the low-priced Logan small car, codenamed the L90 in Iran, could torpedo the strategy by threatening Iran’s climb toward automotive quality. The no-frills Logan, developed with Renault’s Romanian subsidiary Automobile Dacia SA as a low-priced emerging-market car, is sold ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Iran Halts Renault JV to Build Logan Small Car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.