VIENNA – Iran Khodro Co., Iran's largest car maker, has phased out production of the aged Paykan sedan, ending a run that began in 1967. Ironically, the Paykan is being dropped just as the car is reaching its peak, with a record 156,599 built in Iranian year 1383 (March 21, 2004-March 20, 2005). Iran Khodro Paykan Paykan's production line officially was shut down last week during a ceremony attended by Es'haq Jahangiri, minister-Industries and Mines. The minister wrote a message ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Iran Khodro Bids Farewell to Paykan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.