Just as Iranian vehicle makers are stepping up production and unveiling new models, the government is introducing steps to modernize the state-controlled industry and reduce restrictions on imports. Iran Khodro last year began production of a new national car, the Samand, formerly known as the X7 Iran’s vehicle production has jumped from 68,107 units eight years ago to 379,367 vehicles in the Iranian year 1380 – March 21, 2001, to March 20, 2002, according to the Western calendar. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Iran to Liberalize Its Domestic Auto Industry" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.