The Irish government has collected €430 million ($539 million) in value-added and vehicle-registration taxes so far this year, an increase of €60 million ($75.2 million) from like-2009, the Society of the Irish Motor Industry says. SIMI reports June new-car sales soared 75.8% to 8,452 units, from prior-year’s 4,809, pushing first-half results up 45.2% to 67,846 vehicles from 46,715 in like-2009. Light-commercial deliveries rose 8.8% in June to 750 units, from 689 year-ago. Six-month ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Irish Sales Surge Through June, Boosted by Scrappage Scheme" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.