TOKYO -- Isuzu Motors Ltd. will eliminate 3,300 jobs, 8.7% of its workforce, due to lower-than-expected first-half losses of ¥23.56 billion ($191.5 million). Isuzu lost ¥22.13 billion in the first half of 2000 and says it expects to post its third straight annual loss. Job cuts will take place over the next two years.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Isuzu to Cut Jobs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.