DETROIT—American Isuzu Motors Inc. on Monday showed off a pickup truck hybrid and an open-top roadster based on its Axiom SUV. Both vehicles were concepts only, but officials took pains to point out that the Axiom SUV on which both are based was available in dealerships 18 months after it appeared at auto shows in concept form. The Axiom XST “sport/utility truck” is a SUV/pickup hybrid designed along the same lines as the Chevy Avalanche. It features a 5-passenger cabin with a short open ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Isuzu Introduces Two New Axiom-Based Concepts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.