American Isuzu Motors Inc. will have a short-box sport/utility vehicle (SUV) on the market in 2003, and it will show off a new low-priced SUV — also headed for production — at the upcoming Detroit auto show, Chief Executive Yasuyuki Sudo tells Ward's. Mr. Sudo says the Ford Explorer Sport Trac competitor will be built off a “Rodeo-type” platform. It is unclear whether this will be a platform Isuzu will share with General Motors Corp., but GM is planning a similar vehicle — codenamed the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Isuzu Plans Sport Trac Fighter, Entry SUV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.