Isuzu Motors Ltd. plans to begin producing SUVs in Thailand next spring, reports the Nihon Keizai Shimbun business daily. Isuzu’s underutilized assembly plant in Thailand currently makes pickups. The excess capacity will be used to produce 10,000 to 20,000 SUVs annually, reports say. In 2002, the factory reportedly made 90,000 pickups. Annual capacity is 155,000 units per year.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Isuzu Plans Thai SUV Output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.