Isuzu Motors Ltd. sells to Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. its stake in their joint-venture plant for $1. The sale of its 49% share of Lafayette, IN-based Subaru-Isuzu Automotive Inc. will transfer Jan. 1, 2003. Isuzu, mired in financial problems, will bear some $489.5 million from losses and other expenses resulting from the dissolution of the venture. The plant, which will change its name to Subaru of Indiana Automotive Inc., will continue to build vehicles for Isuzu under contract.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Isuzu Transfers Plant Stake to Subaru" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.