American Isuzu Motors Inc. unveils its new direct injection (DI) gasoline engine, along with a new 5-passenger Ascender SUV, at the New York Auto Show. The 3.5L DI engine will be standard on the ’04 Axiom SUV and optional on the ’04 Rodeo. The engine uses less gas in both city and highway driving conditions, while generating more torque and horsepower, says Isuzu. Not only will Isuzu be the only auto maker offering a DI gasoline engine in a U.S.-market truck, it will be the only one to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Isuzu Unveils New Direct Injection Gas Engine" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.