DEARBORN – Brake-shoe linings made from shredded grass to fully assembled counterfeit engines: Cheap imitation parts are becoming a serious issue for auto makers and their suppliers. Tom Strohm, general director-marketing, GM Service and Parts Operations. Counterfeit parts have become so pervasive the automotive industry has trouble determining the full impact, Tom Strohm, general director-marketing for General Motors Corp. Service and Parts Operations tells members of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Is It Fake or Is It Real?" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.