It’s time to get realistic. Some plants are going to have to be closed, not for a week or a few weeks; those are just furloughs. Some plants are going to have to be closed permanently. Torn down. Turned into shopping centers. GM, Ford and Chrysler are going to have to reduce capacity. They have lost market share and sales are nudging down, the double whammy. They aren’t going to recover that market share, not in the short-term, not in the next 5 to 10 years. They will keep converting ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"It's Time to Get Realistic" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.